Mr. Askar Zhumagaliyev, Minister of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the implementation of the 5G network, the correspondent of IIA Kazinform reports.

The Ministry is working on the introduction of a network on 5G technology in Kazakhstan. The related Road Map has been approved. Tests of mobile communication 5G carried out in Nur-Sultan and Almaty, and it is planned to be held in Shymkent in October this year. As a result of the tests, an analysis of the possibilities of using technology in the development of the Internet, telemedicine, digitalization of industry will be carried out said Askar Zhumagaliyev at the Government meeting.Due to the large amount of investments required for 5G technology at the first stage, it is planned to implement it in cities of national importance (Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Shymkent). In the capital city the introduction of the 5G technology by the end of 2021 is planned in Nazarbayev University and on the premises of EXPO, in 2022 the 5G should appear at the airport, train station, major shopping centers and platforms. Further, from 2023 work will be carried out on the introduction of 5G in all regional centers of the country.Thus, 97% of the population of Kazakhstan will receive broadband access to the Internet by the end of 2022. For the remaining 3 percent of the population, satellite technology will be technically available. Increasing accessibility to the Internet in rural settlements is a basic element of the implementation of other projects of the state program Digital Kazakhstan, such as electronic health care, provision of electronic services.